среда, 1 сентября 2010 г.

+Fr. Seraphim (Rose)





Umilenie
(Sonnet III to Father Seraphim)

Before your life, so short, had run its course,
I saw you once with crying eyes still red;
Your face shone with both joy and sweet remorse,
From closets of your heart where words were said.
Just what it was to me you couldn’t say,
For little could such things I comprehend;
I don’t know whether God revealed that day –
The days you lived were coming to their end.
Though then I didn’t know that gentle glow
Of warmth of heart that Jesus often gives
And gave to you that day, yet now I know,
And thus your life more deeply in me lives.
But now that God my soul does rest upon,
I cannot tell you either, for you’re gone.

Br. John Damascene Christensen

+++

Умиление
Сонет третий к отцу Серафиму.
Монах Дамаскин (Христенсен)

Не прожит был ещё твой краткий век…
Однажды видел я в твоих глазах
Слезу. Ее не сдержит человек,
когда в душе любовь сменяет страх.

Но что случилось, мне ты не сказал –
я был не в силах этого понять.
Быть может, ты от Господа узнал,
что время перед ним тебе предстать.

Я сердца твоего понять не мог,
и чуждым покаянный плач мне был,
не знал того, что душу ты облёк
сияньем чудным серафимских крыл…

Теперь Христос мою рассеял тьму,
Спешу сказать тебе. А ты ушел к Нему.

(перевод Ольги Шульчевой-Джарман)

12.2000.


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий